Umbra is a horse breed that is available in Star Stable Online.
|March 16, 2020||A trailer of the Umbra is released on SSO's social media accounts. A release date of March 25th, is given at this time.|
|March 25, 2020||The Umbra is released for a limited time of two weeks.|
"Lunar cycles on Jorvik are an enigma, but on the special occasion that a new moon brings darkness to the land, the inky unlit night lures out a graceful horse known as Umbra.
Preferring to stick to the shadows of thick forest, Umbra finds its home in the thicket, favoring the faint glow of firefly light to guide their way through the woodland.
Due to its fiery mane, Umbra has a body temperature much higher than other horses and is always eager to break into a gallop, racing after the stars in the night sky.
Jorvegian legend claims that a brooding magical horse used to skulk around the far side of the moon until, one day, the fires of Garnok's Fury caught its curiosity. The mythical horse fell from the moon into the bubbling volcano, setting its mane ablaze. It is said that the Umbra that wander Jorvik are descendants of this mythical creature and that to this day they gaze longingly at the moon they can never return to.
Like other Magic Horses in Jorvik, Umbra shows its true colors in wild places and will conceal its appearance in populated areas. Wether in its magical form or disguised to blend in with other horses, Umbra rides just like the Andalusians it shares ancestry with." - Star Stable Online
The Umbra is a magical horse with the special ability to change colors. When In the wild, it changes from its neutral colors to its natural (magic) colors. When the horse approaches Jorvik's different villages it regains its more realistic colors. The Umbra evolved from contact with energy from Pandoria to the point where its magical ability is entirely its own.
The Spanish Walk
As the Umbra shares its model with the Gen 3 Andalusians, it can perform their special move called the Spanish Walk. The animation can be activated by pressing the space bar, but only when standing still, otherwise the horse will jump instead of performing the move.
Colors, Pricing, and Location
Note: This horse is released for limited periods of time and is not always in the game.
- Natural Color: Deep purple/red with glowing yellow/white runes on the body, with a navy to red/orange gradient mane and tail
- Neutral Color: Dapple Faded black with clipped markings and a sun bleached mane
- Umbra, like most other Magic Horses, cannot have it's hairstyle changed.
- The term Umbra means the "fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse." As Umbra is descended from a magical horse that lived around the dark side of the moon, this is an appropriate name.
- Umbra was was released as a pair with Ayla.