Tellina is a magic horse breed that is available in Star Stable Online.
|May 15, 2020||Concept art of the Tellina is released on SSO's social media accounts.|
|May 26, 2020||A Teaser trailer for the Tellina is dropped on SSO's social media accounts. A release date of June 3rd given at this time.|
|June 3rd, 2020||The Tellina is added to the game for a limited time of two weeks.|
"The swirling seas around the island of Jorvik are teaming with magic and mystery, and from these waters emerge a pearlescent horse known as Tellina.
Whimsical by nature, Tellina prefers to stick to the shallow waters and rocky outcrops of Jorvik's coast, collecting seashells with a mother-of-pearl sheen that matches their glossy coat.
Because of their affinity for shiny things, Tellina has developed a sharp vision and can spot things from great distances, but this means that they are sometimes easily distracted.
Jorvegian seafarers share fascinating tales of magical sea-horses that only appear when in dire need. When a sailing party gets lost on the seas, they claim to see a pearlescent horse appear on the rocks, their presence calming the troubled sailors.
These horses will stand in the direction of the mainland, guiding the disoriented seafarers back home safely. They call these horses the Tellina, after the sunrise tellin shells their coats resemble.
The origin of these magical horses is a mystery, but some whisper of a once lush islet off the coast of South-East Jorvik, where magic horses roamed free. Until one tragic day when the land sunk into the ocean, leaving the horses without a home. They say the Tellina that have stepped ashore on Jorvik are descendants of the horses from this fabled islet.
Like other Magic Horses in Jorvik, Tellina shows its true colors in wild places and will conceal its appearance in populated areas. Whether in its magical form or disguised to blend in with other horses, Tellina rides just like the Akhal Tekes it most resembles". - Star Stable Online
The Tellina is a magical horse with the special ability to change colors. When In the wild, it changes from its neutral colors to its natural (magic) colors. When the horse approaches Jorvik's different villages it regains its more realistic colors. The Tellina evolved from contact with energy from Pandoria to the point where its magical ability is entirely its own.
Colors, Pricing, and Location
Note: This horse is released for limited periods of time and is not always in the game.
- Natural Color: Nacre (mother of pearl) body with pink fins and tail.
- Neutral Color: Bay pangaré dun spotted blanket
- The Tellina uses the G3 Akhal-Teke model
- The Tellina was was released as a pair with Kampos.
- Despite appearing fish-like, the Tellina cannot swim any deeper in the water than any other horse breed in the game.
- Tellina and Kampos were the first Magic horses to change the base model of the horse by adding extra parts to it (fins on the head, neck, and shoulder).
- Kampos, like most other Magic Horses, cannot have it's hairstyle changed.
- The term Tellina describes the genus of marine bivalve molluscs in the the family Tellinidae
- the word comes from the New Latin, Greek tellinē, meaning "shellfish" and as Tellina is modeled after mother of pearl (an organic–inorganic composite material produced by some molluscs as an inner shell layer), this is an appropriate name.