The Shire Horse is a draft horse breed available in Star Stable Online.
"The Shire horse is one of the biggest horse breeds in the world. With a height that can pass five and a half feet or 1.7 metres, they’re majestic, but in spite of their size, they’re known for their calm and friendly temperament. Even more characteristically, they’re known for their heavy feathering at the fetlock.
As well as being big, the Shire is also strong, and it’s said that it can pull up to five-and-a-half tonnes without a problem. This made the Shire horse a popular warhorse in the middle ages as it could carry a soldier wearing heavy armour. As knight’s armour began to disappear, the Shire became more and more widely used as a workhorse. Now those days are gone, the Shire horse is most popularly known as a parade and draught horse." - Star Stable Online
Colors, Pricing, and Location
The Shire is a Generation 2 breed that was released to SSO in three colors on October 7th, 2015. Three additional colors were released on October 21st, with another color released on January 27th, 2016 and a final variation released on July 27, 2016.
Shires cost 949 Star Coins each and can be found in eight variations in the following locations:
- Black - Paddock Island
- Black Sabino - Paddock Island
- Black Tovero - Paddock Island
- Chestnut - Paddock Island
- Dapple Brown - New Hillcrest
- Dapple Grey - Paddock Island
- Faded Black - Ferdinand's Horse Market
- Light Grey - Paddock Island
|Stable Teasers - The Shire Horse||Star Stable World - Shire Horse|
- Shires are currently the tallest horses on SSO.
- Like other heavy breeds in SSO, Shires cannot be equipped with leg wraps.