Mississippi Jones is a famous treasure hunter who came to Jorvik in search of treasure. He has two children, California Jones and Washington Jones.
Mississippi's Treasure Map
- After James has completed the treasure map, the 1st clue to the treasure is in Fort Pinta, at X: 240, Y: 269
- The 2nd clue is on the beach, between Fort Pinta and Doyle's Abbey, at X: 239, Y: 247
- The 3rd clue is on the beach, past Doyle's Abbey, at X: 256, Y: 231
- The 4th clue is found on the other side of the bridge, that heads toward Firgrove, at X: 249, Y:192
- For the 5th clue, go back over the bridge and head toward Silverglade Village. The clue is between Doyle's Abbey, and Silverglade Village, at X:224, Y: 199
- The 6th clue is outside Doyle's Abbey, at X: 232, Y: 220
- The 7th clue is up on a cliff, across from Doyle's Abbey, at X: 225, Y:221
- For the 8th clue, ride toward Silverglade Castle. The clue is at a monument, at X: 209, Y: 215
- For the 9th clue go to Valedale, and take the runes to Avalon. You'll need to wait a day, for him to decipher them. Located at X: 275, Y: 100
Mississippi had two children, California and Washington. It hasn't been confirmed who the mother of his children is, but it's most likely it was Cornelia, the lady he was writing letters to. He has two descendants you will meet in the game: Mrs. Holdsworth and Hawaii Jones.
The name Mississippi is derived form the French, "Messipi", which in and of itself is a French rendering of the native American Anishinaabe (Ojibwe or Algonquin) name for the river, "Misi-ziibi," meaning "Great River.".
- Just like the rest of his family tree, Mississippi is named after one of the 50 United States of America, him being named after the 20th state of the same name.
- This is also a nod to the famous American media franchise character, Indiana Jones.