|April 17, 2018||A teaser trailer for the Lusitano is dropped on SSO's social media accounts and news page. A release date of April 18th is given at this time.|
|April 18, 2018||Three variations of the breed are added to the game.|
|May 7, 2018||A variation of the Lusitano is added to the Star Stable Horses app.|
|May 22, 2018||Three additional variations are teased on SSO's social media. A release date of May 23rd is given at this time.|
|May 23, 2018||The three additional variations of the breed are added to the game.|
|December 19, 2018||A variation of the Lusitano is added to the Star Stable Horses app.|
|April 2, 2019||Limited release variants are teased in a trailer for the Jorvik Stables Open house event on SSO's social media accounts.|
|April 10, 2019||Two additional variations of the Lusitano are added to the game for a limited time in conjunction with the Jorvik Stables Open House event.|
|July 22, 2020||The limited release variants return for a limited time during the Jorvik Stables Open House event.|
|July 21, 2021||The limited release variants return for a limited time during the Jorvik Stables Open House event.|
"Named after 'Lusitania', the Roman name for Portugal, the Lusitano shares many traits with the Andalusians of Spain but has been recognized as a distinct breed since the 1960's. The Lusitano is a modern sport horse originating from a long tradition of noble and renowned riding horses.
Chosen for their athleticism and attentiveness to the rider, the Lusitano was bred to be the ideal riding horse. Be it working with cattle or as covered war horses, Lusitanos are nimble, brave and always willing to do their best.
Today Lusitanos are found in all disciplines, from the highest schools of dressage to endurance to driving and are often found in film productions. These exceptional horses are at their best when challenged both physically and mentally."
The Lusitano can perform a special dressage move called the Piaffe. The animation can be activated by pressing the spacebar, but only when standing still, otherwise the horse will jump instead of Piaffe.
Five hairstyles can be purchased for the Lusitano at the Horse Stylist.
- Button Braids
Colors, Pricing, and Location
The Lusitano is sold for 949 SC. There are eight variations and they can be found in the following locations:
Note: Horses marked as "Limited Release" are only in the game for limited periods of time and are not always available.
- Black - Jarlasson Farm
- Dark Bay - Silverglade Equestrian Center
- Flea Bitten Grey - Jorvik Stables - Limited Release
- Light Grey - Silverglade Equestrian Center
- Liver Chestnut - Jorvik Stables - Limited Release
- Palomino - Jarlasson Farm
- Pearl - Fort Pinta
- Sooty Dapple Buckskin - Jarlasson Farm
Star Stable Horses
Two Lusitanos are available in Star Stable Horses. The fully raised foals can be bought for 949 SC.
- Dapple Grey
- The Pearl Gene, also known as "Barlink Factor", is a rare gene found mainly in Iberian horses like Lusitanos and Andalusians, but has had rare occurrences in the American Quarter Horse, American Paint Horse, and the Peruvian Paso.
- Unlike other new Gen 2 and 3 horses, the Lusitano wasn't released with a grazing animation. On May 2, 2018, the animation was released.
- Despite the Cremello coat being advertised as released during the December 19, 2018 update, the iOS version of the app did not update with this change until December 22, 2018.
- In February 2020, the Lusitano's animations were modified because of an internal error in the game's servers, and replaced with the Andalusian's animations. This caused a lot of backlash within the SSO community. With the exception of the slow gallop, the animations were changed back to normal in May/June 2020, a few months after the incident.
- There are a few animation errors with the Lusitano:
- When in an extended canter or full gallop, the mane will glitch into the neck.
- The front hooves will glitch into the ground while rearing.