|A silhouetted image of the breed is released on SSO's social media accounts.|
|September 14, 2016||The Lipizzaner is revealed in a teaser image on SSO's social media.|
|September 16, 2016||A trailer for the breed is dropped on SSO's social media. A release date of September 21st given at the time.|
|September 21, 2016||Three variations of the breed are added to the game.|
|November 9, 2016||An additional variant is added to the game|
|January 31, 2018||An NPC model of an additional variant is placed in the game.|
|April 2, 2019||Limited release variants are teased in a trailer for the Jorvik Stables Open house event on SSO's social media accounts.|
|April 10, 2019||Three additional variations of the Lipizzaner (including the one from Jan. 31 2018) are added to the game for a limited time in conjunction with the Jorvik Stables Open House event.|
|July 22, 2020||The limited release variants return for a limited time during the Jorvik Stables Open House event.|
|July 21, 2021||The limited release variants return for a limited time during the Jorvik Stables Open House event.|
|April 6, 2022||The limited release variants return for a limited time during the Equestrian Festival event. This is the final time they will be available in the game, as it is announced that they will not be returning. They are sold for a discounted price of 475 Star Coins (this price was only for these 3 variants).|
|May 4, 2022||The limited release variants are permanently removed from the game.|
"The Lipizzaner is an elegant horse with a natural ability to perform extremely difficult maneuvers. It is popular with certain schools and for dressage. The famous Spanish Riding School in Vienna uses nothing but Lipizzaner horses. "
Lipizzaners have a special feature that is unique to their breed on Star Stable Online. They can Levade, a controlled rear-like action that is based on one of the traditional "Airs Above the Ground" movements taught in real Lipizzaner riding academies all over the world. The animation can be activated by pressing the spacebar, but only when standing still, otherwise the horse will jump instead of Levade.
Five hairstyles can be purchased for the Lipizzaner at the Horse Stylist.
- Button Braids
Colors, Pricing, and Locations
The Lipizzaner is sold for 949 Star Coins. The four available variations can be found in the following locations:
The Dapple Grey, Fleabitten Grey, and Steel Grey variations have been removed from the game and will not be returning.
- Bay - New Hillcrest
- Black - New Hillcrest
- Dapple Grey - Jorvik Stables - Formerly Limited Release - removed
- Flea Bitten Grey - Jorvik Stables - Formerly Limited Release - Removed
- Light Dapple Grey - New Hillcrest
- Light Grey - New Hillcrest
- Steel Grey - Jorvik Stables - Formerly Limited Release - Removed
- The Lipizzaner has the most grey variations (five) out of all of the horse breeds in-game.
- The Lipizzaner was the first breed in the game to be released with a special animation (the Levade).
- The 3 limited release variations were sold for a discounted price of 475 Star Coins during their last appearance before their removal, which was not for other variations of the breed.