|June 7, 2013||A teaser image of the G1 Friesian was released on SSO's social media. A release date of June 12th was given at the time.|
|June 12, 2013||The three variations of the G1 Friesian was released.|
|June 25, 2015||A trailer for the G1 Friesian is released on SSO's youtube channel.|
|July 2, 2016||A teaser image of the G2 Friesian was released on SSO's social media.|
|July 6, 2016||The three variations of the G2 Friesian was released.|
Gen 1 and Gen 2
"The Friesian Horse descends from an ancient bloodline that is thought to stretch all the way back to the ice age. The breed developed as a workhorse but became popular as a warhorse in the Middle Ages. Today the Friesian Horse is a popular and well-loved family horse with a great personality."
Five hairstyles can be purchased for the Gen 2 Friesian at the Horse Stylist. These styles are identical on all Gen 2 Friesian and Friesian Sport Horse models.
- Button Braids
Colors, Pricing, and Location
The Gen 1 are sold for 300 Star Coins. All three variations can be found at Ferdinand's horse market.
Note: Friesians only come in one color, black. Hues have been assigned for easier distinction between the coats.
- Metallic Black
The Gen 2 Friesians cost 500 star coins. All three variations can be bought at Jarlasson Farm in the following shades:
- The Friesian gets its name from the province of Friesland (also known as Frisia) in the Netherlands, where the breed originated.
- Friesians have extremely strict breed regulations and as such, they do not come in any other color except black with minor exceptions for markings (such as a small star on the forehead, but this is undesirable and actively discouraged from being bred into lines). Any other colors can only be found in Friesian Sport Horses, Jorvik Friesian, Friesian crosses and part-breeds.
- In some extremely rare instances, chestnuts can be registered into American registries (provided lineage can be traced back to a qualified stallion) though this is undesirable, is actively discouraged from being bred into pure lines, and is usually a result of heavy inbreeding due to such a small gene pool.
- Friesians were the first horses to be given an updated model (Gen 2) and new animations in SSO.
- When Frida Frog was added to the game on May 1st, 2019, there was a bug with Friesians. If the player equipped leg wraps on them, they would turn invisible, and only their manes and tails would show. This has since been fixed.
- On the Dark Star server, the Gen 1 Friesian is no longer for sale. They are still available In all the other servers and it is unknown why they are no longer found on this particular server.
- The Jorvik Friesian is technically a remodel of the Friesian Horses and the Friesian Sport Horses in the Gen 3 art style, but the SSO team considers the Jorvik Friesian an entirely new crossbreed of the Friesian Horse. The Friesian Horse and the Friesian Sport Horse will not be updated to the Gen 3 style.