"The Friesian Horse descends from an ancient bloodline that is thought to stretch all the way back to the ice age. The breed developed as a workhorse but became popular as a warhorse in the Middle Ages. Today the Friesian Horse is a popular and well-loved family horse with a great personality." - Star Stable Online
Colors, Pricing, and Location
The Gen 1 models were first teased on SSO's News Board on June 7, 2013 with a release date given as June 12, 2013. Three different shades were released on this date.
- Metallic Black
The Gen 2 Friesians were teased on July 2, 2016 with a release date given as within the same month. On July 6, 2016 three shades of the Friesian were released.
The Gen 2 Friesians cost 990 star coins and can be bought at Steve's Farm in the following shades:
- Smokey Black
|Generation 1||Generation 2|
- The Friesian is one of the few breeds who typically sport heavy leg feathering that can have leg wraps equipped in SSO. Previous entry named them a draft, they are in fact a Baroque breed.
- The Friesian gets it's name from the province of Friesland (also known as Frisia) in the Netherlands, where the breed originated.
- Friesians have extremely strict breed regulations and as such, they do not come in any other color except black with minor exceptions for markings (such as a small star on the forehead, but this is undesirable and actively discouraged from being bred into lines). Any other colors can only be found in Friesian Sport Horses, Friesian crosses and part-breeds.
- In some extremely rare instances, chestnuts can be registered into American registries (provided lineage can be traced back to a qualified stallion) though this is undesirable, is actively discouraged from being bred into pure lines, and is usually a result of heavy inbreeding due to such a small gene pool.
- Friesians were the first horses to be given an updated model (Gen 2) and new animations in SSO.
- When Frida Frog was added to the game on May 1st, 2019, there was a bug with Friesians. If the player equipped leg wraps on them, they would turn invisible and only their manes and tails would show. This has since been fixed.
- On the Dark Star server, the Gen 1 Friesian is no longer for sale. They are still available In all the other servers and it is unknown why they are no longer found on this particular server.
- Like other Baroque breeds (such as the mention of Lusitanos in the SSO game), Friesians both pure- and cross-bred are popular film-work horses, not least because of their naturally very dramatic manner of movement. Baroque breeds like the Friesian have long been popular in dressage, and so they lend themselves well to slight re-education for film-work tricks and cues.