|September 20, 2018||SSO states on their news page that the G1 Fjords will be removed October 10, 2018. A concept model of the G3 Fjord is teased on SSO's social media pages and during a live news video.|
|October 10, 2018||The G1 Fjords are removed from the game.|
|October 11, 2018||A trailer for the G3 Fjord is dropped on SSO's social media. A release date of October 17 was given at this time|
|October 17, 2018||Three variations of the G3 Fjord are added to the game.|
|October 24, 2018||A variation of the G3 Fjord is added to the Star Stable Horses app.|
|November 14, 2018||An additional three variations of the G3 Fjord are added to the game.|
|January 15, 2020||Star Stable hosts a poll on their social media about making changes to the G3 Fjord's tail design.|
|March 4, 2020||The G3 Fjord's tails are modified to resemble the tail on the Woodear.|
"Few breeds are as recognizable and beloved as the intrepid Norwegian Fjord Horse. Combining the musculature of a draft horse with the nimbleness of small breeds, and with a silhouette that evokes prehistoric cave paintings, the Fjord Horse is a true icon in the Equestrian World!
The Fjord Horse is amongst the breeds in the world. Findings in viking burial sites indicate that the Fjord and it's closest relatives have been domesticated and selectively bred for over 2000 years.
Today, all Fjords carry the dun dilution gene on any of the three base coats bay, black, and chestnut. A smaller number also show the influence of the cream gene, with the rarest variation of all, the "kvit" (Norwegian for white) possessing a double cream dilution. Most striking are their distinctive primitive markings - a dark dorsal stripe in the mane and tail, as well as stripes on the legs and withers.
The Fjord is truly a jack of all trades. Sturdy enough for field work and forestry, it is also an excellent riding choice for leisure riding and competition. With it's mild temperament (you could even call them"bomb proof!"), the Fjord is also popular choice for riding schools and therapeutic riding.
These lovable companions won't falter under the toughest conditions, so whether your horse adventures take you to the icy cold of Dino Valley or the rugged trails of Mistfall, you can't go wrong with a Fjord!
Eight hairstyles can be purchased for the Gen 3 Fjord at the Horse Stylist.
- Default (Tradisjonell - Traditional)
- Sørgerand - Funeral band
- Drage takker - Dragon spikes
- Hjerter - Hearts
- Button Braids
Colors, Pricing, and Location
Note: The Generation 1 Fjords, were removed from the game October 10, 2018.
Note: Fjord dun variations have their own special names
- Dark Grå
- Light Brunblakk- Unavailable
Star Stable Horses
A Gen 3 Fjord is available in Star Stable Horses. The fully raised foal can be bought for 850 SC.
- While Fjords are seen in several colors (some even lacking the dun factor), only five colors are technically recognized for the breed.
- These include Brunblakk (brown/bay dun), Rødblakk (red/chestnut dun), Grå (black dun/grullo), Ulsblakk (buckskin dun), and Gulblakk (palomino dun).
- Kvit (cremello dun) is not considered a recognized color of the breed.
- The Fjords were often called vestlandshest because they solely existed on the west side of Norway. Other Norwegian breeds populated the rest of the country, like the Lundehest in the north and the Dølahest in the east.
- The Pepita, and Woodear share a base model with the Gen 3 Fjord Horse.